Wondering if bridal gloves are the addition you need to finish the wedding look? Even though gloves are not ‘required’ by wedding etiquette as they were until the 1960s, brides may choose to wear gloves as an elegant statement. Few accessories can add such a timeless feel to a wedding look as a pair of bridal gloves. Generally, the choice of glove depends on the style of the sleeve. Once you have said ‘Yes to the Dress,’ the glove shopping begins.
Keep reading to discover the pair of gloves that will flatter your arms and pair well with your sleeves. Most importantly, don’t forget to wear confidence on your big day. A pair of properly tailored gloves should remind you that you are in the spotlight!
Bridal Gloves for Long-Sleeve Wedding Dresses
With long-sleeved wedding dresses, wrist-length gloves will add an elegant statement while not detracting attention from the sleeves. While some brides may choose to go without gloves, these short gloves can also be a perfect detail for your long-sleeved bridal dress. Here are five bridal gloves that will add a perfect touch to your long-sleeved wedding dress.
1. Nancy Lace Glove. These delicate bridal gloves, made from Austrian lace in a delicate fleur-de-lis pattern, will add a subtle touch and mystery to your wedding look.
2. Lily Lace Glove. Made from English lace from Nottingham in a floral design with a scalloped edge. These delicate bridal gloves with scalloped edging will add the lady-like character you are looking for!
3. Daisy Swiss Cotton Dress Glove. A wrist-length glove made from pure Swiss cotton jersey with a precious bow - soft, elegant, and summer fresh. The bow detailing adds the perfect flirty element to your bridal look.
4. Mia Silk Glove with Side Bow, made from a pure silk jersey knit. These gloves emit a lustre that only silk can deliver! The side bows add a chic twist to the simple yet stunning silk gloves.
5. Angelique Tulle Glove with Bow. If your sleeves are more simple, you may go for the Angelique gloves made from delicate tulle and gathered at the wrists. The double bows provide the perfect statement - elaborate but not overdone.
Bridal Gloves for Short/Cap-Sleeved Wedding Dresses
You can draw bridal glove inspiration for short-sleeved dresses from the classics “Sense and Sensibility” or “Emma.” The following are gloves that Sarah Bernhardt and Lillian Russell would have worn in their day. Short-sleeved dresses allow for more embellishment in the accessories, and bridal gloves are the perfect addition that will have your family and friends in awe.
1. Theodora Silk Opera Glove with Mousquetaire. This glove, made with pure silk jersey knit, is cut slightly shorter than ‘opera’ length, resting just above the elbows. The Mousquetaire button openings allow you to remove your hand from the glove without taking off the glove sleeve entirely.
2. Melody Satin Glove with Ballerina Tulle Cuff. This glove, made from a medium-weight satin that brims with confidence, is elegant with a touch of flare – ideal for your wedding celebrations. Slightly longer than wrist-length, this exquisite glove will be the perfect finishing touch to your short-sleeved dress.
3. Harriet Cotton Opera Glove. The Harriet glove, made from Pure Supima Cotton grown in the San Joaquin Valley, is an enduring classic. If your sleeves are more elaborate, the Harriet bridal gloves are for you. They will bring a timeless touch to your bridal look.
4. Thalia Satin Opera Glove. Made with medium-weight satin and has a touch of stretch for added comfort and wearability. The Thalia rests above your elbows and is adorned with satin bow cutouts along the sides. These bridal gloves will bring an element of enchantment and confidence, paired perfectly with your short-sleeved wedding dress.
5. Nancy Lace Glove. Who says you can’t wear short gloves with short sleeves? These short Australian lace bridal gloves will add an elegant touch while not distracting from your dress. They are breathable and great for summer brides.
Bridal Gloves for Strap-Sleeved Wedding Dresses
If you are a strap-sleeved bride, bridal gloves are the perfect choice to bring your wedding look to the next level. When it comes to bridal gloves, choose a pair that brings out your personality! Cornelia James’ gloves are made to order, ensuring their gloves will flatter your arm length and build.
1. Anastacia Lace Opera Glove. The allure of delicate lace is never less than magical. Against a fine satin strap-sleeved dress, this glove is simply sublime. You can never go wrong with a dainty pair of lace bridal gloves.
2. Ariadne Satin Opera Glove. The Ariadne is a long ivory evening glove, finishing above the elbow and trimmed with ostrich feathers. If your strap-sleeved dress is more classic, these feathered bridal gloves will add the perfect touch of flirty flare.
3. Arabella Tulle Opera Glove. If you feel that satin is too formal or too stiff for your bridal look, Arabella is the glove for you. Soft, stylish, and décontractée. These sheer gloves will give the illusion of sleeves while keeping your look light and elegant.
4. Calypso Satin Opera Glove. The medium-weight Duchess Satin adorned with Swarovski buttons are not just any satin bridal gloves. These classic satin gloves are breathtaking, and the crystal adornments will elevate your bridal look more than you can imagine!
5. Lara Tulle Glove with Harlequin Cuffs. The Lara Tulle Gloves are the perfect medium of style and class. They will provide the perfect embellishment to your strap-sleeved wedding dress and elevate your look to the nines!
Bridal Gloves for Sleeveless Wedding Dresses
Long gloves offer a formal, elegant look to a sleeveless ball gown and draw attention to your arms, especially bare shoulders. If you are going for a more subtle look, short gloves like the ones Jacqueline Kennedy wore at her outdoor wedding in Newport, Rhode Island, are the perfect touch. Here are five bridal gloves to pair with your sleeveless wedding dress.
1. Ophelia Satin Opera Glove. Roll the drums and raise the curtain; here comes the bride! The Ophelia bridal gloves will leave a statement none of your guests will forget. The feathers are the perfect adornment for your open arms in a sleeveless dress.
2. Melody Satin Glove with Ballerina Tulle Cuff. Throw the perfect wedding ball by pairing the Melody Satin Bridal Gloves with your sleeveless wedding dress. Your royal air will bring a breathless reaction among your guests when you walk in.
3. Lucrezia Tulle Opera Glove with Mousquetaire. An opera-length fine Tulle glove with the traditional mousquetaire button opening on the inside of the wrist. This allows the hand to be removed from the glove whilst leaving the glove sleeve in the arm. Perfect for the sleeveless bride!
4. Phoebe Silk Opera Glove. Made from pure silk jersey knit, the Phoebe is the classic opera-length glove in pure silk. If you are looking for a glove that will make your sleeveless look a timeless classic, then these bridal gloves are perfect.
5. Jessica Tulle Opera Glove. Made from a fine tulle, the Jessica is an opera-length evening glove with nine bows! These gloves are gorgeous and have the power to bring a flirty and chic element to your sleeveless bridal look. You cannot go wrong with this choice!