The cotton for these gloves is Ultraviolet Protection Factor 50+, the highest level of protection against the effects of the Sun's UV rays. Our cotton is effective at blocking both UVA and UVB.
About 5 percent of UV rays are UVB. They have higher energy levels than UVA rays, and typically damage the outermost layers of your skin, causing sunburn. These rays directly damage DNA and are the cause of most skin cancers. The other 95 percent are UVA rays - these can pass through glass (such as a car windshield) and penetrate your skin more deeply, causing your skin cells to age.
Our cotton blocks both UVA and UVB to the highest measured standard (UPF50+), making these gloves effective at providing all round protection against the sun.